Summer 2020 Flag Registration is Closed
- Ages 6U 8U 10U 12U 14U / 7v7
- Registration is based on the players age as of August 1st, 2020
6U-12U Rules Below:
Springville Youth Flag Football Rules 2020.docx
14U / 7v7 Rules Below:
Springville 7v7 14U rules 2020.docx
We have had questions about our Covid-19 guidelines
- PLAYERS WILL NOT BE WEARING MASK! ONLY Coaches are required to pull a mask up to cover their mouth and nose while in the huddle and these guidelines are for the first 2 games. (players, parents & spectators are NOT required to wear a mask) The guidelines recommend that parents wear a mask on the sideline, but we do not require mask.
- Our current guidelines for sports will end on July 3rd and we expect a new phase of guidelines after July 3rd.
- We have a new 7v7/14U League this summer for players going into the 7th or 8th grade that want a 7v7 experience. 7v7 is designed for more passing with fewer run plays. We will play on the youth tackle field on Sunday evenings. We will use the scoreboard and have concessions and paint a 50 yard field like a regular High School field with hash marks.
- Springville Flag Football is an ideal summer sport for the family. Games are scheduled on Sunday evenings after 5pm. Coaches are encouraged to schedule no more than 1 practice per week. Most teams practice Sunday, before their game. We understand that most families take a summer vacation.
Games: June 21st - August 9th (End of season tournament) - Games will be on Sunday evenings but a weekday makeup game may be needed if there are rain outs. (Off July 4th weekend)
Picture day: June 28th – Game Day Eye Black Photography
Registration is $100 and includes jersey, 7 games, and an end of the season tournament
All Star Teams will be selected at the end of the season from each age group.
Springville Flag Football is an ideal summer sport for the family. All games are scheduled on Sunday evenings. Coaches are encouraged to schedule no more than 1 practice per week. Most teams practice Sunday, before their game. We understand that most families take a summer vacation.
- If you have any questions contact Rick Hopkins at 205-467-0265 | email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/assets/cov-sah-athletic-activities.pdf for more information
The City of Springville offers a 10% need-based discount for all sport registrations. To receive the discount, please email a copy of one of the following forms below to email@example.com along with what sport you are registering for. The submitted form will be retained on file for 1 year.
- Letter from child’s school showing qualification for free/reduced lunch
- Medicaid/Medicare ID
- Supplemental Security Income
- Food Stamps Eligibility
- Alabama Family Assistance (TANF)
- Proof of income of every adult in the home (equal or less to 150% poverty rate)